The Blockbuster Report
So this is the final edition of TWIC (This Weekend in Cinema) this year, so it is very minimal. Coming next week will be a complete wrap up of the year in movies, including Oscarwatch, personal favorites, and a conclusion to our source material study (Where Do They Come From?).
I’m bunching all the Christmas releases (and later) in together, so below, you’ll have a sneak peek at where writers got their movie material this year.
Where Do They Come From?
- Lone Survivor: Adaptation, based on non-fiction novel Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10, by Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robinson.
- Justin Bieber’s Believe: Sequel to Never Say Never.
- August: Osage County: Adaptation, based on the play of the same name by Tracy Letts.
- Grudge Match: Original
- Secret Life of Walter Mitty: Adaptation of the short story by James Thurber.
- 47 Ronin: Original
- The Wolf of Wall Street: Adaptation of the autobiography of the same name by Jordan Belfort.
Oscarwatch (Not including this weekend’s films)
Award nominations for each film can be seen by clicking the ‘Oscarwatch’ link directly above.
1) 12 Years a Slave
4) Captain Phillips
5) American Hustle
6) Inside Llewyn Davis
8) Dallas Buyers Club
10) Blue Jasmine